Each year Keep Genesee County Beautiful awards Beautification Mini-Grants to organizations to improve the visual landscape of Genesee County. Eligible organizations include block clubs, neighborhood associations, public schools, places of worship, service clubs, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities who wish to improve public properties. Beautification grants may be awarded in amounts of $500-$1,000 depending upon funding availability. Priority is given to initiatives that include one or more of the following elements:
- Beautification through planting of perennials and/or trees
- Creating specific visual artwork using plants such (ie. living sculptures, creating objects or patterns)
- Painting murals
- Graffiti removal and prevention
- Minimization of waste through recycling efforts
- Neighborhood blight cleanup
Click the links below to view and print the 2016 Beautification Mini Grant Guidelines and Application Form.